Thursday, December 17, 2009

Finals

So yesterday was the last of my final exams.  I'll be grading most of today, and hopefully be done with that by the end of the day.  But I thought I'd share my first final of the morning story.

The first final of the day was my intro to philosophy course, and I grabbed my stack of exams, looked it over, it looked right just glancing at it.  I went to class, passed out the exam, and then a student comes up and says that he thinks its the wrong exam.  I look at it again, and sure enough, its my modern philosophy exam.  So I run back to my office....  no luck.  I must have printed up two copies of my modern final! 

So I had to project the exam on the screen from my USB drive.  But I hadn't updated my USB drive in a while, so the exam on the USB drive, was a bit out of date, and included stuff on the exam that wasn't supposed to be on the exam.  Psh....

But they made it through the final, and I gave everyone some free points as a mea culpa.  It's the first time that anything like that has ever happened to me.  Hopefully it'll be the last.  But for a moment, my class was incredibly excited about not having a final.  :)

1 comment:

  1. In the spirit of one of those television shows I never watched: "You're Fired!". PS: Can you guess who this is?

    ReplyDelete